Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The usual "Get out and vote" spiel....

The election is coming!!! The election is coming!!!

The media and the political people on either side proclaim the dire consequences if their opponent wins. Exit polls begin to come out in rapidly increasing numbers. Victories are guaranteed. Assasination plots come to light. The list goes on.

As we all run around like chickens with our heads cut off, I can't help but question our national sanity as a whole. I care about what happens in this election, but at a certain point I realize that my influence on the outcome is best expressed in two words: one vote.

The whole concept of a democracy is everyone has a say--or at least (in our country) everyone has an opportunity to have a say.

For someone like me, I tend to sit back and let the chips fall. Either Barack Obama or John McCain will win and that will be that. I know who I want to win the election and I have different predictions on what will happen when the president is finally chosen.

The end result is, just like everyone says, do your patriotic duty and vote. Let the results be seen and move from there. Not real profound, but practical.

No comments: